Administrative & Operations Assistant (Part-time 15-25 hours/week)
Ajna Dance Company is looking for a candidate who seeks to help build and grow a startup dance organization. As the Administrative & Operations Assistant you will work directly with the Director, Minila Shah on administration, day to day operations as well as marketing, strategy and new business development. Your will be directly contributing to the growth of the company. This position includes but is not limited to the following areas: administration, business operations and planning, customer service, event management, prospecting, marketing and social media.
- Responding to emails in a timely, professional manner and following up via email or phone when required
- Event management – setting up classes, performances and events (from clients initial inquiry to actually scheduling a class and coordinating all logistical details)
- Following up with clients as well as Ajna dancers/instructors for existing and new classes, performances and events
- Sending invoices to clients in a timely manner and managing accounts receivables
- Managing inbox and calendar
- Booking studios for classes and rehearsals
- Providing customer service through all channels including phone calls and emails
- Social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Keeping the Ajna website up to date using WordPress and sending e-blasts and newsletters using MailChimp
The Ideal Candidate:
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented and are comfortable multi-tasking
- Self-motivated and can manage multiple workflows and prioritize your own time
- Tech savvy & computer literate
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, think outside the box and solve problems independently
- Knowledge of Adobe Products (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) is a plus but not required
- Excited to help build and grow a company focused on sharing Indian dance with a broad audience
- Experienced on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Dance experience an asset but not required
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.